Gear Change Up

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ni hao y'all

So I decided that a blog is necessary. Way too much stuff going on to have only one e-mail every few weeks. I could never remember all my random thoughts after all that time. Originally, I wasn't going to get a blog because...well...I have friends with blogs and...uh...I don't read them. Very often. Sometimes I do. Really! Anyway, in the debate, I thought to myself, "Self, what about the little people? The people either working or in school or taking time out of their busy day to procrastinate as long as possible? After the email, the IMs, the facebook, the snood, where will they turn?" Ah, where indeed. And so, a blog was born. Not so easily though. You try setting up a blog in Chinese, see how far you get. In fact for the record, if things ever look off or funny on this thing, assume it was in Chinese and I just clicked on it. That's kind of how I operate in all aspects of my life here. But sometimes I have my trusty ACC students to help me. Great kids.

Anyway, I'm off to go do some spinning. It's funny walking into the spinning room here because the chinese people set up their spinning bikes the same way they set up their regular bikes. The seats are all the way down and the handlebars are all the way up. Fun times though. I've heard the Macarena more in the past week than I've heard in the past 6 years. They're also very big on the standing run here. The entire class is pretty much standing, so I kind of have to go my own way and get in a few sitting climbs. Regardless, my standing climb is gonna be amazing at the end of this leg of the trip.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger B-rit said...

haha, thanks bud. :) all the more proof that this chinese thing is not in my favor...definitely have no idea a) that you can or cannot allow comments, and b) how to change that. that's gonna have to wait a few weeks till i find a computer more friendly with the english language. thanks for reading though.

brit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home