Gear Change Up

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Get out of my dreams...

...get into my car..."

Strausborg

You know you're going the right way to the prologue of the Tour de France if a giant shopping cart passes you on the freeway.

I spent months trying to figure out the best way to follow the Tour de France, and in the end decided just to forget all, throw a tent in the back of a car and make do from there. So I said my goodbyes to Nevy and hit the road driving on the right side for the first time in 9 months. Yeah, I was a little rusty, the roads were a little windy, a little narrow, and a little one-directional. But as a crappy driver you fit right in in France.

An exciting tour it will be. Lance left a vacuum, and there's about 7-8 riders strong enough to be on top. The reason for this is it looks like there is simply no team as strong as Discovery Channel was. So, pedal hard, don't fall, and don't get caught up in a doping scandal.

The last one may be hard.

But it all starts Saturday. It will be a sport's fan's dream in France with the tour all day and France playing Brazil in the World Cup at night.

But...Friday first. A day to scout out the scene and hopefully meet up with my contacts at OLN.

Ole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home