Gear Change Up

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dance right where you are

Swish!

"Mornin'."

"More bikes coming."

Cyclists call it the peloton. It's a group of cyclists riding together for training and/or fun purposes. Riders ride in close formation so that the people in front get dog tired and the ones in the back have a very pleasant time. It's fast. It rode by me this morning And this time I was not on a mountain bike touring, nor did my legs feel like lead, and sure it was supposed to be a recovery day, but isn't the saying "recover when you're dead" or something like that?

So THIS time...I jumped on to the back and I did not get dropped. Not even over the hills. Focus and pedal. Great fun. We were moving through the flats and up the hills, and I am pretty sure the 8k to Cable Bay was accomplished in about 5 minutes flat. A few of the guys on the back noticed the addition to the group and we started talking. Turns out the group was the Richmond ("Rich-whuuuut???") Cycling Club. And they ride every Sunday. And Wednesday. And have track races on Monday. And real races on Tuesday. And I am more than welcome to come along.

And just like that when I thought this was doomed from the beginning and that there's no way it can be done or finished, or that I am the most gigantic waste of space, 30 people zoom past me, I jump on, and just like that, it doesn't matter anymore. Pedal and don't lose that wheel. Keep it simple.

Yew kan dew eet.

I am back on track. Maybe not on track, but in the groove. And maybe only till tomorrow, but oh well. When I'm up? I can't get down. And there is so much to do. Waddup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home