Gear Change Up

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Neither rain nor snow nor...

When traveling to other countries you really learn to appreciate the freedoms you have at home. Like in the US, I have the right to life, liberty, property, and the post office will ship whatever the hell I want and do so with a smile on their face.

Back to how I'm a crappy traveler. I have two bikes. New Zealand has two islands. I need to get two bikes across the Cook Strait using only three wooden planks and some twine. Then I can win immunity at tribal council.

Just kidding. But the fact that the post office will not ship my bike is a slight flaw, in that next week I have to somehow get from Wellington to Picton to Nelson using only three wooden planks, some twine, and a bus that does not allow me to carry on more than one bike because honestly who the hell travels with two? (raises hand).

I'm not hugely concerned. The bike shop that's on Courtenay Place has...well...bikes in it. They had to get here somehow. Someone must be willing to ship bikes.

Still.

There is a reason that the New Zealand Post Office does not have a cycling team. They would take a look at the mountain and be all, "Um, yeah, that mountain definitely does not fit our required dimensions, we're going to have to pass on this stage."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home